It's that time of year
My BSG viewing has come to an end – finished the series last night. (I DID get the middle-aged romance I wanted, too. And it was better than I even expected! You can see many, many clips on YouTube set to music. People's music choices crack me up.)
Anyway, the wrap-up itself brought decent closure, although it didn’t end the way I would’ve ended it. I’ll be rewriting the ending in my head for a few days, I think.
The good thing about being single/watching BSG alone is that I didn’t have to wait for another person to be around before I watched. I know a couple who is also watching right now, but the wife is out of town, so the husband has to wait until she’s home before he can move on to the next episode. This seems so restrictive to me. I do what I want. I’m a loner. A rebel.
However, the very negative side of my solo-watching is that there’s no one to discuss things with, especially in real-time. I want someone to look at and say “holy frak” when things start getting crazy. And I want long discussions about people and places and things that are happening. I find myself searching out year-old discussion boards and reading through comments, just to get my fix. It’s a dilemma.
I’m always sad to finish a good TV series, even though finishing it means I can get back to actually focusing on things other than making time to watch TV.
*
Couple of song-related observations: have you listened to the lyrics of “Here Comes Santa Clause”? It mixes God and Santa all up in an interesting way.
Last night we were doing our yoga poses to Silent Night and then saying Namaste. Mixing East and West like this is jarring to me, although the teacher is more about feel-good mystical Oprah-esque type affirmations, I think, than concern about what fits. Take whatever makes you feel good and mix it all together to find your path. Blech.
One of my favorite lyrics from a Christmas song: “from
(Do you know what the next line is without looking?)
Labels: Music and Lyrics, TV