Tuesday, December 22, 2009

From Pennsylvania folks are travelin'

Yoga definitely provides me with blog fodder. Whether or not it's actually interesting is another question, but hey, it's new content.

Last night the crazy yoga teacher made us go around and say our name and an interesting fact about ourselves. I said I was going to Florida today, which is only semi-interesting. Pretty much everyone else in the class talked about either their kids or their pets. I’m sorry, but the fact that you have three kids isn’t really all that interesting. Or that you have a dog. Could no one come up with more interesting things than this? Once you have kids, is it all downhill in terms of interest?

I suppose we were all just taken aback, since intros aren’t normally a part of yoga class. But I want real interesting facts! Random stuff! It would certainly make the people in the class easier to remember. As of now, they all blend together with their kids and their dogs and their cats.

I am going to Florida today: my interesting fact was true. My plane leaves in about five hours, and I have to drive to Baltimore to catch it. Mike and I were IMing about this: what if your plane crashes when someone is following it in real-time on the computer? I guess it just disappears, but it would be much more fun if there was a big skull and crossbones and a sad trombone. Not fun for your relatives and friends, I suppose, but come on. I’d be DEAD and I’d think that was funny.

I thought about this over Thanksgiving when my plane had free wi-fi. What if hijackers took over? What if the plane started crashing? I mean, technically couldn’t I send out a mass email saying “I love you all! Bye!” That would be weird. And what if I were on AIM? Could I chat until I died? What if you were chatting with someone and they died in front of their computer?

Gah!

This has turned into quite the morbid little blog post. I’ll stop here. Have a good Christmas, and no matter what happens, I’ll catch you on the flip side.

Labels: Big Questions, Gym-o-nee

posted by Melanie at 10:17 AM

|

0 Old Comments:

About Me

  • I'm thirty & living in Amish Country, PA. I'm a marketing writer for a non-profit.
  • I'm Mennonite, but not in a head-covered, dress-wearing kind of way. More in a hippy-liberal, peace-loving kind of way.
  • I like books, discussing, thinking, my church, friends, and my family.
  • I'm good at gift-giving, shopping, and writing.
  • I'm bad at meeting new people, cleaning my car, and keeping my house warm.
  • I'm annoyed by people who wear shorts in the winter, create excessive drama, don't recycle, or talk about how fat they are.

      Powered by Blogger

      Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com