Scraps of happy
I use my blog mainly for ranting these days, and believe me, there is no end to the stuff I could go on and on about that drives me insane.
BUT!
I am not going to do that today. Good stuff is everywhere.
My cousin had a baby on Saturday (honorary nephew!) and his name is Jack and he is chunky and cute and healthy, so that’s awesome. Mad Men season 3 is underway and I’m enjoying it immensely. I DID get a new camera, so I can take pictures of the new baby. I’m in the process of painting and doing some general home improvement stuff that’s making me happy. Plus, youtube has videos on how to caulk a bathtub – score! (Honestly, what did we do before the internet?)
Mike came down to work in my office today, so I have a co-worker (very temporarily) and it’s a little bit like the olden days. Good times. Also the weather is perfect and we walked to Wawa for lunch.
I’m reading Fred Clark’s Slacktivist takedown of the Left Behind series, which is full of complete and utter WIN. He’s systematically destroying the books page by page with some pretty heavy and awesome snark AND Jesus-based theology (my favorite combo!). This is taking a long time to read, because he writes 3,000 words for every 2 pages of book (so after 6 years, he’s only on book 2 of the series.) But I’m still loving it.
And I have a Labor Day pool party to go to, and a wedding in a few weeks, and the new Gabaldon book comes out on September 22. There hasn’t been a new one of those since before I started this blog. So it’s about time.
Normally I despise the month of August, but this year it was actually pretty great. And September should be, too, I think. The rest of this year is looking stellar, as a matter of fact—at least until the question of What to Do for Christmas must be faced. It’s an odd-numbered year, which means married sibs and cousins are with the in-laws and it may just be me and my parents sitting around and staring at each other, which is depressing. So let’s push that thought off for another day.
Hooray for late summer!
BUT!
I am not going to do that today. Good stuff is everywhere.
My cousin had a baby on Saturday (honorary nephew!) and his name is Jack and he is chunky and cute and healthy, so that’s awesome. Mad Men season 3 is underway and I’m enjoying it immensely. I DID get a new camera, so I can take pictures of the new baby. I’m in the process of painting and doing some general home improvement stuff that’s making me happy. Plus, youtube has videos on how to caulk a bathtub – score! (Honestly, what did we do before the internet?)
Mike came down to work in my office today, so I have a co-worker (very temporarily) and it’s a little bit like the olden days. Good times. Also the weather is perfect and we walked to Wawa for lunch.
I’m reading Fred Clark’s Slacktivist takedown of the Left Behind series, which is full of complete and utter WIN. He’s systematically destroying the books page by page with some pretty heavy and awesome snark AND Jesus-based theology (my favorite combo!). This is taking a long time to read, because he writes 3,000 words for every 2 pages of book (so after 6 years, he’s only on book 2 of the series.) But I’m still loving it.
And I have a Labor Day pool party to go to, and a wedding in a few weeks, and the new Gabaldon book comes out on September 22. There hasn’t been a new one of those since before I started this blog. So it’s about time.
Normally I despise the month of August, but this year it was actually pretty great. And September should be, too, I think. The rest of this year is looking stellar, as a matter of fact—at least until the question of What to Do for Christmas must be faced. It’s an odd-numbered year, which means married sibs and cousins are with the in-laws and it may just be me and my parents sitting around and staring at each other, which is depressing. So let’s push that thought off for another day.
Hooray for late summer!
Labels: Family, Good Times, Lancaster Life