Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Indiana Wants Me

I’m in Indiana this week to reconnect with the co-workers, attend some planning meetings, and just generally remind everybody that yes, I still work here. It’s fun to be here for a week, unlike my last six week stint, which just got really LONG. It’s nice to be able to go home on Saturday.

Tonight is the first night the sun’s really been shining since I arrived, and it’s freaking amazing . . . light until after 9 PM. I think the official sunset time is 9:12 or so these days, and my boss said in late June there will be light in the sky at 10:30. The state just started observing Daylight Savings Time, and my boss, a lifelong resident of Indiana, believes that’s just TOO much light time. Or at least, too much in the evening.

Speaking of my boss, tonight I had dinner with her and her husband, who are just a couple of hilarious nerds. They didn’t get married until they were in their late 30s, and they don’t have any kids, and they crack each other up with cynicism and goofiness. Since I am also a cynical and goofy nerd, I like hanging out with them. I made some jokes tonight that genuinely made them laugh, too, which always makes me pleased. My lifelong goal is to be the kind of person who cracks other people up—both fun AND funny—but I’m so not there yet.

However, today was a good day for my joke-to-flop ratio.

My boss also told me about sporcle.com, which is a trivia site full of categories, and all you do is type answers that fit within those. It’s so addicting. Can you name all the people, places, and things in the song We Didn’t Start the Fire? I would’ve said I could get most of them, but HA! Sporcle proved me wrong.

I’m done blogging! Off to play more Sporcle . . . .

Labels: Fun Links, Music and Lyrics, Workin'

posted by Melanie at 9:47 PM

|

0 Old Comments:

About Me

  • I'm thirty & living in Amish Country, PA. I'm a marketing writer for a non-profit.
  • I'm Mennonite, but not in a head-covered, dress-wearing kind of way. More in a hippy-liberal, peace-loving kind of way.
  • I like books, discussing, thinking, my church, friends, and my family.
  • I'm good at gift-giving, shopping, and writing.
  • I'm bad at meeting new people, cleaning my car, and keeping my house warm.
  • I'm annoyed by people who wear shorts in the winter, create excessive drama, don't recycle, or talk about how fat they are.

      Powered by Blogger

      Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com