Saturday, November 03, 2007

Sasquatches Unite!

Tonight I was about to go bowling with two friends from work when the desk guy asked us what size shoes we wear.

"Ten," I said.

"Me too," said work girl #1.

Me too," said work girl #2.

And we all looked at each other. And laughed.

I have been a size 10 since I was about 12, and I'm used to having big feet. Never being able to borrow shoes, always worrying about what I will do if I go creek-stomping or on some other shoe-ruining adventure. I'm no 7.5.

So to have two other girls share my shoe size. . . well, it means a lot. Sort of. I'd also had about 10 Jack & cokes at the time, so I might not have been totally clear on what was happening.

Other things that may have happened tonight:
me bowling two strikes
me talking the ear off of several people (since when do I talk?)
me singing Hit Me Baby One More Time at karaoke

I'm home now, and safely tucked up in my bed. It's 62 degrees in my bedroom, but I'm holding out on turning on the heat, and I know I'll make it past November 5 . . . since that's Monday. But I MUST remember to turn the clocks back tomorrow!

Labels: Good Times, Workin', Yes I drink

posted by Melanie at 1:20 AM

|

0 Old Comments:

About Me

  • I'm thirty & living in Amish Country, PA. I'm a marketing writer for a non-profit.
  • I'm Mennonite, but not in a head-covered, dress-wearing kind of way. More in a hippy-liberal, peace-loving kind of way.
  • I like books, discussing, thinking, my church, friends, and my family.
  • I'm good at gift-giving, shopping, and writing.
  • I'm bad at meeting new people, cleaning my car, and keeping my house warm.
  • I'm annoyed by people who wear shorts in the winter, create excessive drama, don't recycle, or talk about how fat they are.

      Powered by Blogger

      Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com