Things I learned on my recent trip to NYC
--Take trains! No stress, no worry (other than getting to the station on time), and the subway is a great invention. Three margaritas apiece, and nobody had to drive.
--Falling asleep in Central Park is not as sketchy as it sounds. Although you may end up with a midriff tan, which is what happens when your t-shirt rides up slightly while you're lying in the grass. (Actually, in my case, it's just a burn. If you can get a farmers tan, I wonder what a midriff tan is called?)
--Plays! See them. Especially when they have famous people like Christopher Plummer in them. I've had a crush on him since he was Captain von Trapp in The Sound of Music, and although he's really old now, in this play he was the devil-may-care cynic, which is still attractive in a weird way.
--Queens (at least the part I was in) is a nice place to live.
--The 40-Year-Old Virgin is an entertaining movie. I didn't get to see the entire thing, though; I've got to rent it.
--Mike and Sara have a nice board game collection, and an apartment full of closets.
(Also, you have to keep 80% of your hardwood floor covered with rugs when you live in a NYC apartment. Who knew?)
--Falling asleep in Central Park is not as sketchy as it sounds. Although you may end up with a midriff tan, which is what happens when your t-shirt rides up slightly while you're lying in the grass. (Actually, in my case, it's just a burn. If you can get a farmers tan, I wonder what a midriff tan is called?)
--Plays! See them. Especially when they have famous people like Christopher Plummer in them. I've had a crush on him since he was Captain von Trapp in The Sound of Music, and although he's really old now, in this play he was the devil-may-care cynic, which is still attractive in a weird way.
--Queens (at least the part I was in) is a nice place to live.
--The 40-Year-Old Virgin is an entertaining movie. I didn't get to see the entire thing, though; I've got to rent it.
--Mike and Sara have a nice board game collection, and an apartment full of closets.
(Also, you have to keep 80% of your hardwood floor covered with rugs when you live in a NYC apartment. Who knew?)
Labels: Good Times, Random Ramble