Thursday, May 24, 2007

Maybe I could hug the fog, too

Today on the way home I heard Kiss the Rain, (live performance here), which is a weird song that enjoyed a brief period of popularity in late 1997. I remember driving around during Christmas Break my freshman year of college and hearing that song. I liked it better than My Heart Will Go On, which was much more popular and got more airplay. I still kind of like Kiss the Rain, even though its lyrics seem to suggest that the cure for loneliness is indeed to "kiss the rain." Which makes no sense at all.

(And when I searched for a link, I discovered that the singer is a chick! Who knew! I always thought it was a guy.)

Labels: Music and Lyrics

posted by Melanie at 9:03 PM

|

0 Old Comments:

About Me

  • I'm thirty & living in Amish Country, PA. I'm a marketing writer for a non-profit.
  • I'm Mennonite, but not in a head-covered, dress-wearing kind of way. More in a hippy-liberal, peace-loving kind of way.
  • I like books, discussing, thinking, my church, friends, and my family.
  • I'm good at gift-giving, shopping, and writing.
  • I'm bad at meeting new people, cleaning my car, and keeping my house warm.
  • I'm annoyed by people who wear shorts in the winter, create excessive drama, don't recycle, or talk about how fat they are.

      Powered by Blogger

      Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com