Monday, October 16, 2006

Turn your radio on

It must be hard to be a radio DJ.

Normally I don't think about it, but sometimes you'll catch DJs saying the stupidest things . . . or starting a sentence that they don't know how to finish. I do this all the time in real life. I'm always starting conversations that have no real end, or end with me making stuff up, or end with me just sounding stupid. But I'm not on the radio. Thank God.

My favorite example of this happened a couple months ago, after the Emmys. The Emmys started with a montage featuring Conan O'Brien appearing in different shows, one of which was South Park, where he hung out in a closet (a literal closet) with Tom Cruise.

The next morning the male DJ on our local soft rock station (103.3 for those in the know) was recounting the Emmys with his female counterpart. "And then Conan was in the closet with Tom Cruise," the male DJ chortled. "You just know that Tom was hiding from all those Paramount executives."

The female DJ was silent for a second. You could tell she was trying to decide which way to go with this. But because this is polite station, and the DJs don't harass each other, she just murmured "uh-huh" and changed the subject.

I hope she made fun of him when they were off the air, though.

posted by Melanie at 10:02 PM

|

0 Old Comments:

About Me

  • I'm thirty & living in Amish Country, PA. I'm a marketing writer for a non-profit.
  • I'm Mennonite, but not in a head-covered, dress-wearing kind of way. More in a hippy-liberal, peace-loving kind of way.
  • I like books, discussing, thinking, my church, friends, and my family.
  • I'm good at gift-giving, shopping, and writing.
  • I'm bad at meeting new people, cleaning my car, and keeping my house warm.
  • I'm annoyed by people who wear shorts in the winter, create excessive drama, don't recycle, or talk about how fat they are.

      Powered by Blogger

      Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com