Just a Waste of Time
Today I discovered the joy of Yahoo answers.
As I've said before, I love to give information. So the idea of a whole site full of people looking for help is like crack to me. You answer a question, and then other people rate your answers, and if you get voted "Best" by the asker, you get more points. I'm not sure what the points get you in the end, but it's like a COMPETITION for giving helpful information. This could be very bad. I need to limit myself to answering one question a day, I think.
Another time-waster I found: Google Image Labeler. You are matched with a partner, and you both have to label the image shown to you with the same word. You get 100 points for each one you both label the same way, and you have 90 seconds to see how many you can get. My high score: 1200. This depends a lot on who you get paired with. Casey and I were mad good, and then I was paired with someone who was having serious trouble typing. Or didn't speak English. Or something.
As I've said before, I love to give information. So the idea of a whole site full of people looking for help is like crack to me. You answer a question, and then other people rate your answers, and if you get voted "Best" by the asker, you get more points. I'm not sure what the points get you in the end, but it's like a COMPETITION for giving helpful information. This could be very bad. I need to limit myself to answering one question a day, I think.
Another time-waster I found: Google Image Labeler. You are matched with a partner, and you both have to label the image shown to you with the same word. You get 100 points for each one you both label the same way, and you have 90 seconds to see how many you can get. My high score: 1200. This depends a lot on who you get paired with. Casey and I were mad good, and then I was paired with someone who was having serious trouble typing. Or didn't speak English. Or something.