Tuesday, August 15, 2006

In with the in-crowd (or not)

This other blog is having a contest . . . anyone who posts in his or her blog every day for the rest of the year will win.

At first I thought that I could probably do this, but then I realized how much posting that actually is, and it includes holidays and other times when I don't even have access to a computer. I thought about trying without officially entering the contest, because if I don't officially enter, it doesn't matter what I do. As Homer says, "You tried and failed. The lesson is: never try."

And, the other drawback: if you enter, your blog address gets posted on this other blog, which is a very popular blog, and suddenly all kinds of cool people with cool blogs will start visiting your site. And I'm not ready for the popular kids. I'd have to redesign this thing, for one, and post a really clever, witty post to entertain the many cool kids who'd come. Kind of like cleaning my house before people come over, just so they don't see how I really live.

So, until my site is totally different, I'll hover on the periphery of the cool group and pretend that I don't want to be part of it. Because, like, I totally don't care what they do.

posted by Melanie at 6:08 PM

|

0 Old Comments:

About Me

  • I'm thirty & living in Amish Country, PA. I'm a marketing writer for a non-profit.
  • I'm Mennonite, but not in a head-covered, dress-wearing kind of way. More in a hippy-liberal, peace-loving kind of way.
  • I like books, discussing, thinking, my church, friends, and my family.
  • I'm good at gift-giving, shopping, and writing.
  • I'm bad at meeting new people, cleaning my car, and keeping my house warm.
  • I'm annoyed by people who wear shorts in the winter, create excessive drama, don't recycle, or talk about how fat they are.

      Powered by Blogger

      Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com