Sunday, July 30, 2006

If skirts could talk . . .

Last weekend, I wore my blue jean skirt to Harrisburg. While wearing it, I did shots of tequila and danced with boys and stayed out until 2 AM before collapsing, half-drunk, into my hotel room bed.

This weekend, I wore my blue jean skirt to Juniata County, PA and the annual family reunion. I wore the skirt to respect my conservative Mennonite relatives. While wearing it, I answered Bible quiz questions and read scripture from Phillippians.

Does this make me hypocritical or just well-rounded? I like to think the latter.

Sadly I missed the good Friday night stories about old-time shenanigans. Tormenting old Aunt Lizzie, hanging younger siblings from the barn roof in feedbags, burning the dump, etc. I've heard them all before, of course, but they're always funny.

What I did get to experience:



A really hot softball game.



Eighty Mennos on a treasure hunt.



Tug of war across the pond.



Mennonite shooting competition!



Fun on a rubber ball.

Lots more fun pictures live here!

posted by Melanie at 5:15 PM

|

0 Old Comments:

About Me

  • I'm thirty & living in Amish Country, PA. I'm a marketing writer for a non-profit.
  • I'm Mennonite, but not in a head-covered, dress-wearing kind of way. More in a hippy-liberal, peace-loving kind of way.
  • I like books, discussing, thinking, my church, friends, and my family.
  • I'm good at gift-giving, shopping, and writing.
  • I'm bad at meeting new people, cleaning my car, and keeping my house warm.
  • I'm annoyed by people who wear shorts in the winter, create excessive drama, don't recycle, or talk about how fat they are.

      Powered by Blogger

      Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com