I like to tell people things.
Every day at work, I listen to the girls on the other side of my cubicle talk. It’s generally entertaining, but also torturous. Because they’re asking each other questions about things that I know the answer to, and I really want to jump in to their conversations.
This would involve yelling over the cube wall, as well as irritating everyone in the vicinity. Plus I really don’t want to be obnoxious and jump in with an answer to everything.
But it’s so hard for me when I know something NOT to offer my information. I physically have to bite my lip.
Today they were wondering out loud about Gulf of Mexico beaches and what songs Crosby, Stills, and Nash sing. I was in agony. Sarasota has great beaches! Southern Cross! Our House! Love the One You’re With!
A few weeks ago, one of the girls actually yelled over to me with a question about Rh factor. Which I actually did know a little bit about, but not enough to answer her question.
“You just seem like someone who would know,” she said.
Why exactly she thinks that is interesting to me. I have never said anything scientific, I’ve never been pregnant. The only thing we’ve discussed at length is gardens and sustainable living.
But if I’m already seen as a know-it-all, I might as well jump right in and start yelling over the wall.
This would involve yelling over the cube wall, as well as irritating everyone in the vicinity. Plus I really don’t want to be obnoxious and jump in with an answer to everything.
But it’s so hard for me when I know something NOT to offer my information. I physically have to bite my lip.
Today they were wondering out loud about Gulf of Mexico beaches and what songs Crosby, Stills, and Nash sing. I was in agony. Sarasota has great beaches! Southern Cross! Our House! Love the One You’re With!
A few weeks ago, one of the girls actually yelled over to me with a question about Rh factor. Which I actually did know a little bit about, but not enough to answer her question.
“You just seem like someone who would know,” she said.
Why exactly she thinks that is interesting to me. I have never said anything scientific, I’ve never been pregnant. The only thing we’ve discussed at length is gardens and sustainable living.
But if I’m already seen as a know-it-all, I might as well jump right in and start yelling over the wall.