Wheel . . . of . . . FORTUNE!
Today at the Chinese restaurant, I happily pulled open my fortune cookie. I like fortune cookies, but so often they have only preachy fortunes, like "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is a little extra" or predictions about personality, like "You are well-liked and respected."
These aren't fortunes. I want a fortune cookie that says "You will meet a handsome stranger" or "You will travel across the ocean." Last Saturday I got a good one: "You will be involved in many gatherings, parties, and communications." Now that's a fortune!
But today when I opened my cookie: five fortunes! FIVE! My cookie overflowed with badly written fortune.
They were:
--You take an optimistic view of life. (not exactly true)
--Confucius say: lovers in triangle not on square. (I don't really understand this.)
--Great thoughts come from the heart. (What kind of tripe is this? What does that even mean?)
--You have yearning for perfection. (this is true)
--You have yearning for perfection. (as is this)

-------------------------------------------------
In other news, I heard that song "Bad Day" five times today without trying. I think that's a record.
And, although I have seen no more cockroaches, my kitchen had an ant invasion today. Since I don't have any ant spray, I spent ten minutes smiting them like an angry deity.
These aren't fortunes. I want a fortune cookie that says "You will meet a handsome stranger" or "You will travel across the ocean." Last Saturday I got a good one: "You will be involved in many gatherings, parties, and communications." Now that's a fortune!
But today when I opened my cookie: five fortunes! FIVE! My cookie overflowed with badly written fortune.
They were:
--You take an optimistic view of life. (not exactly true)
--Confucius say: lovers in triangle not on square. (I don't really understand this.)
--Great thoughts come from the heart. (What kind of tripe is this? What does that even mean?)
--You have yearning for perfection. (this is true)
--You have yearning for perfection. (as is this)

-------------------------------------------------
In other news, I heard that song "Bad Day" five times today without trying. I think that's a record.
And, although I have seen no more cockroaches, my kitchen had an ant invasion today. Since I don't have any ant spray, I spent ten minutes smiting them like an angry deity.